Boyanov & Co. has extensive experience in aircraft finance. In this area, our lawyers are recognized for their expertise, pragmatism, and efficiency.
We provide legal support to:
- international aircraft operating lessors on commercial, regulatory and tax aspects of aircraft and engines leasing to Bulgarian airlines;
- aircraft owners on sale of aircrafts and associated lease arrangements;
- banks, security trustees and other financing institutions on aircraft-related loan arrangements and granting of security interests for aircraft and aircraft leases;
- airlines on corporate and regulatory matters; and
- creditors of insolvent airlines.
The firm provides advisory services on local legal issues arising from all types of aircraft-related transactions, including significant international aircraft financing. Based on its profound legal knowledge and devoted and innovative approach, the Boyanov & Co. team successfully assists its clients in the process of overcoming the legal challenges on the aviation market and achieving their business goals in a time- and cost-efficient manner.
Our services include:
- developing letters of intent, memoranda of understanding, and term sheets;
- negotiating and advising on operating leases, finance leases, and related corporate guaranties;
- reviewing and advising on aircraft procurement and sale arrangements;
- advising on engine swaps and pooling arrangements;
- providing support for improvement of foreign law security interests (such as aircraft mortgages, security assignments in aircraft leases, etc.);
- working on the establishment of local law security interests (such as aircraft pledges and registered pledges on lease receivables) and advising on their foreclosure;
- representing clients before the Civil Aviation Administration of the Republic of Bulgaria in relation to improvement of security interests and/or ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements;
- providing legal opinions envisaged by transaction documents for the benefit of aircraft lessors, sellers or lenders;
- providing advice and supporting negotiations on settlements of disputes with Bulgarian airlines under effective aircraft leases;
- assisting on the prompt repossession of aircrafts by their owners; and
- filing for relief under applicable double taxation treaties on behalf of aircraft lessors or lenders.