11th Balkan Legal Forum 2022 – Legal Practice Transformation!
30 June – 1 July 2022, Park Hyatt, Vienna, Austria including a welcome reception on 29 June, and Gala Dinner on 30 June
Over 20 years on – applying the lessons learned from the past 20 years to the future and, more importantly, discussing what is next for law firms in the region. This discussion is taking place with an unprecedented political situation on the region’s border and impacting the whole of Europe, but we must look forward and we must meet and exchange ideas.
Topics will include:
- What has happened in the last 20 years and how will it shape the next 20, Can the past inform the future?
- Technology – it’s changing clients; is it changing law firms?
- Do clients in the region really care about ‘sustainability,’ ‘diversity’ and ‘conduct’
- Predatory pricing: Do we fight back or join the pack?
- Sanctions and Transnational white-collar ‘crime’
- Predicting change, deciding upon change, and making change happen. How should law firms manage change?
- Do traditional law firms need a new business model? Will Covid and the ‘great resignation’ cause a rethink of what a law firm is and how it operates.
- Meditation and wellness – can it help?
- Client panel – how are clients’ needs changing?
- Recruiting and retention: The free agency of legal talent
- The twilight of the law firm partnership? – Alternative ownership and governance structures for law firms
- How will partner remuneration change in the next 20 years?
- Will your next new associate be a robot? – Are we really embracing and integrating advanced technology and artificial intelligence into law firm operations?
- Looking forward, what does the next generation of leaders think will happen to law firms in the next 20 years?
Throughout the conference, there will be a Tech Fest consisting of ‘stalls’ provided by some of the leading providers of legal tech. Not only will you have the opportunity to go and talk to individuals at their stalls, but they will be making a series of presentations during the two lunch breaks – you will be able to ‘lunch and learn’ from these presentations.